Do you want to bring your pet along with you when you travel? Here, you'll find all the information to better plan your trip, from transport rules to rates to animals not permitted to travel.
Starting March 15 2022, your pet must be at least 15 weeks old to travel on Air France and KLM flights.
Love your pet? We do too! Air France commits to doing everything possible to make its trip as comfortable as yours.
Transporting your animal by freight
In certain cases, your pet cannot travel with you in the cabin or in the hold. It must be transported by freight if:
- the animal and its container weigh more than 75 kg / 165 lb,
- it is traveling to a country that authorizes animal transport only by freight.
Snub-nosed dogs and cats, such as Boxers, Pekingese, Shih Tzus and Persian or Burmese cats, are permitted for transport by freight on flights provided by Air France. From 15 July 2019 Pug, Bulldog and Boston Terrier snub-nosed dog breeds are no longer permitted for transport by freight.
For all these conditions, please contact AIR FRANCE KLM Cargo freight service.
Purchase a travel container for your pet
You can buy a travel bag for transporting your pet in the cabin or in the hold on our Air France Shopping website. Purchased items are available for delivery to the following countries: Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, metropolitan France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, United Kingdom, United States. Flying Blue members earn Miles with each purchase. And you can even pay in Miles!
- Your animal must have all required vaccines in order to be permitted on board.
- All dogs and cats traveling within the European Union must be identified by an electronic chip. It should also possess a European passport. Provided and completed by an authorized veterinarian, the passport identifies your pet and certifies that it is properly vaccinated.
- We recommend that you check with the embassy of your destination country to learn more about national regulations. For example, for travel to Ireland, Sweden, the United Kingdom or Malta, additional sanitary conditions apply.
- For travel outside the European Union, be sure to consider the regulations enforced in both the originating and destination countries (vaccinations, quarantine, etc.).
- Air France declines all responsibility for any costs incurred (booking modification fees, hotel stay, kennel fees, etc.) in case your animal is refused transport due to non-compliance with our provisions, or in case your animal is refused upon arrival due to non-compliance with the provisions established by the country of destination.